Dr. Suess

Dr. Suess

Monday, March 2, 2015

Spelling Test

Please encourage your child to be neat and to listen well to the sentences. I don't just say a sentence once and expect them to write it. I say it several times, then when the test is completed, I ask the children to touch each word as I go back and read the sentences to them one more time. If they have left out a word, they ought to catch that mistake. I ask them to listen to my voice and how I read the sentences to help them know the correct punctuation. Don't forget that Spelling City is a good tool to help your child get ready for the test and can be found on the right side of my blog listed under "Check Out These Sites". Also, be sure to review all High-Frequency words with your child. They not only need to be able to identify them, they also need to be able to spell them. I sent home a master list of all High Frequency Words we have and will learn this year. If you need another copy just send me an email :)

No comments:

Post a Comment