Dr. Suess

Dr. Suess

Monday, March 30, 2015

FYI

Both first grades will be presenting plays on May 8th, at 9:00am in the cafetorium.  I will be sending home assigned parts for my plays Wednesday. The children will need your help in memorizing their parts. Each child will be a character in one of the plays, and each child will have a speaking part, such as narrator for another play.  They will not read their parts.  They must memorize each part. As you help them learn their parts, please feel free to model how that character might say the words...model expression with your voice.  I will also work on that with them at school.  Please keep these parts at home for right now.  Later, I may ask the children to keep their parts in their homework folder.  I want to thank you ahead of time for helping with this.  We can't do it without you!  (:  Please begin working on this now.  We will begin practicing in the classroom in a couple of weeks.  It would be nice if the children were well on their way to knowing their parts.

Mrs. Blackwell is giving me the costumes she has used in the past. I should have most of the ones I need but will not know for sure until I receive the costumes from her. If any parents would like to offer to help either make or repair the costumes please let me know :)

On May 14th, we have a field trip planned to Landmark Park's Digitarium Planetarium.  Cost is $6 per student.  I'm not sure if we will need drivers. There is a possibility we will go by bus.  I will give you more information on this trip later.  Payment is due by the 17th of April.


NO SPELLING TEST THIS WEEK.  

No comments:

Post a Comment