Dr. Suess

Dr. Suess

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Squiggle Line Stories

During our Writing Workshop each day we work on a "squiggle line" story. I give them a squiggle line at the beginning of the week that they have to turn into a picture and then write a story about what they drew. The children absolutely love it! They are so excited about writing these stories, their excitement just fills my heart with joy!! Through writing these stories they are learning about the different stages of the writing process, how to edit and revise, story structure, and how to make a story more interesting! I do not take grades on these. This activity is more about getting them interested in writing and how to organize a story to make sense. The stories have turned out wonderfully! I am sending home a copy of their first story so you can read and enjoy them too; I have to keep the originals for their writing portfolios. There will be more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment